Spring is on its way and soon it will be the time for sowing new seeds and nurturing your garden. These quiet winter months are the best time to get geared up for the new gardening year. Winter leaves the lawn weak after months of lying dormant, covered under a blanket of snow and ice. It is the time to start pruning, fertilizing, edging and cleaning up the snow and debris to beautify your lawn and enhance the aesthetic appeal of your home.
Our team at DNS Landscaping will help you bid goodbye to the snow and greet the beautiful colors of spring. Our team of experts specialize in all landscaping services and are committed to providing best quality services to our clients.
Prepare your landscape for spring with these easy tips
These simple landscaping tips will help you achieve a fuller and more lush lawn.
- Cleaning: The first step to prepare your lawn for spring, is to clean. Remove the twigs, leaves and other debris. A rake can help do the job, but using an air blower is easier. Any accumulated debris can get block the absorption of fertilizer and nutrients.
- Use fertilizer and weed killer: When spring starts to set-in, use a combination of fertilizer, pre-emergent and an herbicide. After six to eight weeks repeat the application along with a weed killer. Our team can recommend the best quality products to you that are value for money.
- Mow in-time and often: Don’t let the grass grow too tall before you cut it, as it stunts the roots. Mow every five days during the first six weeks of spring to get a thick and full lawn.
- Trim the trees: Hiring an expert to trim the trees is a good decision. You must prune and remove dead branches once every three years. If dead branches fall, they can cause damage to your property.
- Mulch: Applying a thick layer (about 4 inch) of mulch over the beds, to reduce weed from popping up. Pull out any weeds that you see growing in the lawn. You can use a natural weed killer like vinegar or citrus oil based solution.
These five tips will come handy when you want to work on your lawn and get it ready for upcoming spring.
Organize your thoughts and supplies
Spend some time to plan and put your thoughts together about how you want your garden to look in the new gardening year. Once you have a plan, you will need to list out the supplies that will be needed. This is the right time to buy summer flowering seeds and bulbs. Do some research or speak to our experts to know which are the most suitable flowering plants. If you are someone who plans to indulge in DIY, then you should clean and sharpen your gardening tools. A strong detergent, hot water and a scrub are what you need to clean your tools and get them ready.
If you want to get your garden ready for spring and create a beautiful soothing space in your home, you can reach out to us at DNS Landscaping. Our team is available on call at (210) 765-8667.